Are you also confused between braces and Invisalign? Well, you are not alone in this. Many people aspiring for straight teeth deal with this dilemma and consult with an Orthodontist for the same. You can also do the same, but it is good to have appropriate knowledge before that. So, straightening the teeth is done in different ways. The two most popular methods include traditional braces and the Invisalign, both have their pros and cons. Moreover, let us consider below Pros and Cons of both Invisalign and Braces, before opting any one of them:
Braces: Pros and cons
Dental braces are wire-based appliances and are applied directly to the teeth to straighten them or to check their misalignment.
- The best option for the severe misalignment: Traditional braces remain affixed to the teeth and thus guarantee success in alignment. On the other hand, other methods like Invisalign have a problem in gripping the teeth.
- They are not removable: Again, if you want your child’s teeth to be corrected, traditional braces are the best option as these cannot be removed easily, making it useful. Even for the adults, who can’t commit to wearing the Invisalign trays all the time, should get the braces.
- Braces address the actual problem: Traditional braces apply pressure on teeth from top to bottom, pushing them on to the right position.
- Faster treatment and variety: The right braces and the regular inspection of the Orthodontist, offer you faster results. Moreover, as per the requirements, you have various options like metal, ceramic, and lingual braces.
- Eating with braces can be difficult.
- Hard food is to be avoided.
- Cleaning the teeth becomes a challenge.
Invisalign: Pros and cons
Invisalign has revolutionised the dental industry. They are invisible braces used to straighten the teeth and are aesthetically the best option. However, there are a few disadvantages of Braces too as mentioned below.
- They look better: This is the most common reason behind choosing the Invisalign. They don’t give you a rather unsightly appearance and look as the braces do.
- They are removable: So, unlike braces, Invisalign are removable. You can easily remove them and carry on the processes of brushing and flossing.
- No need to avoid some food: Braces don’t allow you hard and sticky food. But, there is no such necessity with Invisalign. So, waiting and cleaning both become convenient with the Invisalign.
- Removable Invisalign can interrupt the straightening process.
- Treatment with Invisalign is a slow process as compared to braces.
- They are slightly more expensive than traditional braces.
Invisalign OR braces?
Both Invisalign and Braces have their pros and cons. If you seek quick results, braces are probably the best option. On the other hand, if you ask for a comfortable journey and want no compromise with the aesthetics of your teeth, then you must probably go for the Invisalign. Use the above information to choose the best method.